Wednesday 6 August 2008

Kraft-y Dinner


Have you ever had a night where all you wanted was a warm, hearty meal that hugs you from the inside out?

After a rather tough couple of days in the office, tonight was definitely that night!

I also needed something quick. Kraft Dinner (Mac & Cheese in American) to the rescue! But, straight from the box just wasn't going to do. I needed something more. So, after mixing in the regular ingredients I added a healthy helping of asiago and provolone cheeses. Then, I baked and broiled the pasta dish until it was a batch of browned, crispy and sizzling goodness.

We enjoyed a glass or three of Merlot while Mr. Oh patiently "listened" to my gripings (he nodded at the right times and his comments throughout my rant fit, so I'll give him a pass!).

After splitting the meal between two, I took a quick glance at the nutritional panel on the package. It was then I realized that one box is recommend for a family of four. FOUR?!! Obviously, not an Italian-Canadian/American family!

No comments: