Monday 18 May 2009

In Lieu of Graduation

I've been remiss in updating this blog as of late. But, I've had good reason. It's not that life around the table has stopped, it's just the time to write about it has been short. I have multiple pics in my camera ready for downloading and hopefully I'll get most of them up soon.

On to today's post...

On Friday, a group of near and dear friends joined me for a glass of bubbly at Flute in Gramercy to celebrate my graduation. After much contemplation, I renegged on the idea of heading to campus to sport the traditional cap and gown only to endure a rather long and boring ceremony. I wanted to get right to the party part of it. So, I subtly - and not so subtly - hinted to Mr. Oh that an evening with friends would be most appropriate for this momentous occassion.

We each enjoyed a few glasses of champagne and champagne-laced cocktails before most of the crew headed over to Dos Caminos for chips, salsa and gourmet tacos!

To top off the evening, Mr. Oh surprised me with the Missouri University grad cap sans tassle, which I donned a couple of times throughout the evening!

No comments: