Tuesday 12 March 2013

I'm baaaaaack!!


Perhaps you haven't missed me, but I've missed writing. Desperately so.

Writing has always been a part of my life. Every day I get to write, but I write the words of others. And, so after several years in communications, I decided to start up this blog so I could finally give voice to my words. Through it, I came to love writing again. And, it seemed that some of you seemed to like what I had to say or how I said it.  

Since my last post – has it been more than three years ago, already? – a LOT has changed. Let’s see if I can bring you up to speed:
... there were all the joys of being a first time parent, surviving those torturous first six weeks and loving all that Queen B had to throw at us
... we bought an SUV (yes, it was THAT big of a deal!)
... got knocked up with baby #2 (discovered shortly after Queen B’s first birthday)
... decided to move countries so Mr. Oh could take on a new job
... did a stint as a single working mom to a toddler (the second hardest four months of my life)
... found a new job
... packed up moving boxes for the sixth time in six years
... moved back to the city of our childhood
... started said new job
... welcomed the amazing Miss E into our world
... three days later bought and began renovations on our very first single-family home – with stairs, a drive and a real backyard (filled with raccoons, but that is for another time!)
... played single mommy to a toddler and an infant while Mr. Oh finished up the house (the hardest, craziest three months of my life – I have mad props for all the single mammas)
... packed and unloaded moving boxes for a seventh (and final?) time
... settled into our new life at home… at last!

The last three years have brought some of the most joyous moments of my life and somehow it was also a time where I faced some of my saddest days. On such a wide pendulum of emotions, most days I felt I couldn't catch my breath let alone find the words to process everything that was happening.

It was just too much.

But something’s changed. The words that were once strangled deep inside me have started to uncoil and bubble up. I feel them tingling inside me, wanting to be released. It’s a beautiful thing.

So, to honor my words, I've revamped these pages and I’m ready – once again – to share my words with you. One word of caution: like the title of this blog, things will be different.

I’m different.

I remain dedicated to my passions for all things food – it wavered some, but a girl’s gotta eat and so do the perpetually hungry Queen B and Miss E!  My new expanded life isn’t solely focused on the dining table. Life, it seems, has a way of happening at the change table, the conference table, the crafting table and wherever else I may find myself. I will share my passions, reflections and perhaps a humorous anecdote or two of my life and loves as a woman, a mamma, and of course, a foodie.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments: