Monday 9 March 2009

Over the Brooklyn Bridge

I met up with some of the Trident crew in their Brooklyn 'hood yesterday. It always surprises me the length of time it takes to travel such a short distance in NY - we were less than 5 miles away, yet it took almost an hour to get under and over to the borough!

But it was definitely worth the trip as I was able to catch up with my first NY family - Dr. H, who was in town from sunny San Diego, and the new Mamma K. I also got to meet Mamma K's new little man - chubby cheeks, sparkling eyes - that little boy is going to be quite the heartbreaker!

We brunched at Flatbush Farm, which offers seasonal, organic foods from local purveyors in New York. Unfortunately, by the time we were ready to submit our order, several menu options were no longer available. Perhaps, 3 pm is a little late for brunch?

I order the "chorizo and egg" dish. With such a description you'd think I'd get some eggs with chorizo, non? Instead, I was served a tomato stew of potato (it seems they omitted listing this main ingredient on the menu) and chorizo, topped with two sunny side up eggs. I'll admit, I was quite disappointed in my selection when it was first placed in front of me. Luckily, I was able to eat my way around the big, hunking pieces of potatoes and ended up really enjoying the dish.

But, again, what doesn't taste good with chorizo?!

No comments: